Hope everyone had a good week – both life-wise and blogging-wise. I accomplished all my primary objective in terms of blogging but my posting schedule was still a bit all over the place (as demonstrated by this Links I Loved post up on a Monday morning).
Slowly but surely I’m adjusting my blogging schedule though and figuring out what snippets of time I can dedicate to Novels And Nonfiction now that I no longer have as much time to blog on weekday mornings.
This week was a busy one in the blogging world, between January 2018 Wrap-Ups, lots of February 2018 TBR lists (not featured but keep your eyes peeled for them) and of course Book Of The Month‘s announcement of their February 2018 releases.
Without further ado, here are this week’s links…
- Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic – Top Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Read (full list of links here) – could have multiple interpretations, and it was interest to see whether bloggers decided to go with books they ended up hating, books that were super long, or some other iteration. Here were my favorites: A Cocoon Of Books, Curiouser And Curiouser, Read What I Like, The Bookish Libra, Owls Reads, What Cathy Read Next, I Wish I Lived In A Library, Sarah’s Book Shelves and Books And Waffles.
- It was definitely the week of January 2018 Wrap-Ups and I loved seeing everyone’s reading progress early in the year! It was hard to pick since everyone read so much and had such great recommendations but my favorite posts included those on: Cover 2 Cover Mom, Novel Gossip, The Calico Books, Flavia The Bibliophile, Greenish Bookshelf, The Misstery, Novel Visits, Greatest Escapist, Wild Places, Dwell In Possibility, Secret Library Book Blog, Book Bum, Keeper Of Pages and Death By Tsundoku.
- Book Of The Month announced their February 2018 selections, and is it me or they just keep getting harder to pick between every month? I ended up selecting The Great Alone by Kristina Hannah (because Alaska) and then adding another book from the month (The Broken Girls by Simone St. James) and a past pick I’ve really been wanting to read (The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman). What did you pick?
- If you haven’t made your February 2018 Book Of The Month selection yet, you should check out Sarah’s Book Shelves recommendations for this month on her blog. It’s like a cheat sheet on which book would be best for different types of readers.
- I found this post on Fictionophile fascinating, because it includes statistics on reading rates by country around the world in her quest to determine if she qualifies as an avid reader.
- To continue my series on books I didn’t like that much that other people loved, I enjoyed reading this positive review of Sing Unburied Sing on Book Open. You can find my not as glowing review for the novel from this week here.
- I’m also starting to see reviews for some popular February 2018 releases, including two that I included in my list of 10 February 2018 Releases I’m Excited About this week – An American Marriage by Tayari Jones on It’s Book Talk and Educated by Tara Westover on Mrs. Blogg’s Books.
- And as always, if you’re looking for even more bookish links, The Secret Library Book Blog had her post up as well!
- Here are the individual book reviews I read this week that inspired me to consider reading the books they covered:
- Lullaby by Leila Slimani on Bibliomaniac’s Book Club (thriller)
- Skeletons At The Feast by Chris Bohjalian on Hopewell’s Public Library Of Life (historical fiction)
- The Darkest Child by Delores Phillips on A Haven For Book Lovers (historical fiction)
- The Line Becomes A River by Francisco Cantu’ on What’s Nonfiction? (political nonfiction)
- The Story Of Our Lives by Helen Warner on Cleopatra Loves Books (contemporary fiction)
- The Wicked Cometh by Laura Carlin on She Reads Novels (historical mystery)
- The Hoarder by Jess Kidd on One Reader’s Thoughts (mystery)
- I published my October 2017 Book Of The Month reviews of Sing Unburied Sing, After The Eclipse and The Heart’s Invisible Furies on Thursday and am hoping to get caught up through January 2018 within the next few weeks, so keep your eyes out for more BOTM reviews.
- On Saturday I posted the 10 February 2018 Book Releases I’m Excited About, including 5 nonfiction and 5 fiction titles coming out this month that look like great reads. I’ve spotted a few reviews of them around the internet already and shared some above.
- This coming week I’d like to post my November 2017 Book Of The Month reviews, since I finished reading the books over my holiday break. I’d also like to share my experience attending an author event last year featuring Michael Chabon and Zadie Smith (including reviews of Moonglow and Swing Time). If I can sneak in an ARC review in there as well I’ll be golden.
Any articles or blog posts from the book world that you really enjoyed this week? Share them in the comments!
Please note this post contains affiliate links for Book Depository.