We’re only one week away from the start of Thanksgiving weekend, so it’s time to unveil details on how to participate on the first official Thanksgiving Readathon I’ll be running with Jackie from Death By Tsundoku. She’s one of my first real blogging friends, and we’ve been looking for a way to collaborate for a while.
This readathon is meant to be a stress-free way of getting caught up with some reading since I know we’re all trying hard to meet those reading goals at the end of the year. Pie in one hand, book in another – that’s the idea. All the details on how to participate are below, and participation can be really flexible – whatever you have time for and feel like doing.
We’ll also be running a Winter Reading Giveaway alongside the readathon, to get one of you all geared up for some cozy winter reading. I personally slaved over picking cute themed and coordinated items for this, so I’m excited that one of you will get to enjoy them!
Dates: Wednesday, November 22nd – Sunday, November 26th 2017
You can do any or all of the below:
- Read as many books as you can in those 5 days.
- Use the hashtag #ThanksgivingReadathon to share your participation and progress on Twitter and other social media sites.
- Publish a Sign-Up Post between Monday, November 20th and Wednesday, November 22nd with your readathon TBR and goals.
- Bonus: Share your families holiday traditions if you’d like.
- Publish a Wrap-Up Post on Monday, November 27th sharing your readathon victories.
- Bonus: Share what you are thankful for this year.
Jackie and I will have Sign-Up Posts up on Monday, November 20th, and Wrap-Up Posts up on Monday, November 27th, and we’ll have a way to link up your posts on each.
Good news if you’re participating in the readathon because we’ll also be holding a giveaway at the same time (from Monday November 20th to Tuesday November 29th at midnight) and taking part in the readathon can award you extra entries. The Rafflecopter link for the giveaway will be included in my and Jackie’s Sign-Up Posts on Monday November 20th.
The giveaway will be U.S. only and will include the following six items:
- a hardcover copy of November 2017 release The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain
- a cable-knit throw from Elle Decor with a fleece lining
- fuzzy knit sparkly green socks
- a snowflake patterned mug
- a peppermint snow scented candle
- Winter Wake Up tea from Trader Joe’s
There will be multiple ways to enter, including posting Sign-Up and Wrap-Up posts for the Thanksgiving Readathon, so keep your eye out for the Rafflecopter links.