- If anyone else is as in love with Netflix’s The Crown as I am, I found this Book Riot list of books to read in accompaniment to the show absolutely riveting. There are options to read up on Churchill, The Queen herself and her sister Margaret among several others. I’m definitely adding at least a few of the titles to my TBR list.
- This week’s Top Ten Tuesday theme (hosted by The Broke And Bookish) was Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (with the option of showcasing bookish items instead of books). There were a ton of great lists on the blogs I follow, but the ones that conformed the most to my tastes were on Flavia The Bibliophile, It’s A Long Story, Vivacious Reads, and Dear Reader.
- I liked reading through I Dream In Print‘s post about End-Of-Year Book Lists in which she compiles a few lists I hadn’t yet checked out yet, like The Guardian’s Hidden Gems Of 2016 list.
- I need to go back through my blog plan for the coming months and identify titles that can count for some of the categories in Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2017 Reading Challenge, so that I can decide what books I’m reading for each part of the challenge. Modern Mrs. Darcy posted her own picks this week and there are tons of great recommendations.
- I enjoyed the individual book reviews posted on Novels & Teacups for The Nightingale (by Kristin Hannah), on Bibliomaniac for Swimming Lessons (by Claire Fuller), on What’s Better Than Books for The Magdalen Girls (by V.S. Alexander), on Keeper of Pages for Americanah (by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) and The Emerald City Book Review for Hidden Figures (by Margot Lee Shetterly).
- On Monday I published my Winter 2017 TBR List, including a total of 42 books I’m planning to read in Winter 2017 divided into nonfiction, contemporary fiction, historical fiction and classic literature sections. To create the list I loosely planned out the posts I’d like to put up on Novels And Nonfiction through end of March, and hopefully it turns out to be a plan I can stick to.
- On Tuesday I participated in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday feature by posting about Ten Bookish Gift Ideas For Book Lovers. It was really fun to search Etsy for great bookish scarves, t-shirts, mugs, totes and more, and I hope you found great gift ideas for your friend as well as for yourself.
- On Thursday I published a review of Villette by Charlotte Bronte for my 1000 Novels Series, a feature in which I review books from UK newspaper The Guardian’s list of 1000 Novels everyone should read before they die. I’m hoping to post at least one of these classics reviews per month in 2017 – let’s see how that goes.
- I have 3 posts planned for next week, in addition to my usual Links I Loved This Week post. On Monday I’m planning a post about my Goals For 2017, including goals for the blog and personal goals. I also have two reviews planned – one for thriller The Twilight Wife by A.J. Banner on Tuesday and one for medical nonfiction title Working Stiff by Judy Melinek on Thursday.
Any articles or blog posts from the book world that you really enjoyed this week? Share them in the comments!
Please note this post includes affiliate links from Book Depository.