- ‘Tis the season of Top Books Of 2016 Lists and I’m a glutton for them, especially when they include picks I hadn’t even heard of. I read the New York Times list and added Hitler: Ascent by Volker Ullrich, The Revenge Of Analog by David Sax and Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien to my TBR. The Paste Magazine list led me to also add The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride and Everyone Brave Is Forgiven by Chris Cleave.
- This week’s Top Ten Tuesday theme was Top 10 Books You Look Forward To In 2017 and I found plenty of great recommendations on the lists posted by Vivacious Reads, It’s A Long Story, Lois Reads Books, Birdie Bookworm, Clues And Reviews, Transported By Books, Lindsay’s Library and Sarah’s Bookshelves. I added The Twelve Lives Of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti, Valley Of The Gods by Alexandra Wolfe and The Brain Defense by Kevin Davis to my Goodreads thanks to their suggestions.
- Modern Mrs. Darcy launched her 2017 Reading Challenge and this year she’s providing two different themes for you to choose between: Reading For Fun or Reading For Growth. I may try to complete both – we’ll see. I’m still putting together a 2017 plan for Novels And Nonfiction.
- On a related note, do you participate in Modern Mrs. Darcy‘s monthly linkups? She just posted the most recent here and every time I’ve participated I’ve received good traffic back to my blog from it. You just need to link any post that’s relevant to the topic of What You’ve Been Reading Lately (and of course be sure to check out other people’s entries to discover new blogs).
- I was happy to see two positive reviews of books that I’m planning to read in the next few weeks: a review of Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller on Little Bookness Lane and a review of The Twilight Wife by A.J. Banner on Novel Gossip. They made me even more eager to read these titles!
- On Tuesday I published my Fall 2016 Wrap-Up slightly early (Fall doesn’t end till the 20th) but since I’m leaving on the 18th to visit my family in Milan, I wanted to complete it beforehand. The post includes links to all the various reviews I’ve posted in the last 3 months. I’ve read 36 books to date in Fall 2016, and should be at 38 by the 20th with the addition of The Story Of A New Name by Elena Ferrante and Villette by Charlotte Bronte.
- On Thursday I posted a review of My Brilliant Friend, the first book in Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan Series. I really enjoyed it and am halfway through the second book in the series right now. I’m planning on reading all four in Italian and reviewing them in a four-part books series feature, so look out for future reviews.
- Despite my trip, I hope to keep posting regularly on the blog. For next week I’m planning to post my Winter 2017 TBR List on Monday, then I’m going to participate in Top Ten Tuesday with a post on Bookish Holiday Gifts, and on Thursday I’m planning to post a review of Villette for my 1000 Novels Series.
Any articles or blog posts from the book world that you really enjoyed this week? Share them in the comments!
Please note this post includes affiliate links from Book Depository.