Links I Loved This Week – 10/07/16
- Kate at Parchment Girl‘s review of The Couple Next Door made me want to order it as part of a future Book Of The Month package or maybe even buy it before then. It sounds really thrilling.
- I have two of Elena Ferrante’s books on my TBR list for the Fall and I found this article about the recent gossip on the author’s true identity (she has chosen to use a pen name thus far) very interesting.
- It was reading Modern Mrs. Darcy‘s blog that inspired me to start a book blog of my own. This week she published a very interesting post about The Perks Of Reading Together which is a springboard to her announcement that she’s starting an online book club for her blog on October 12th. I’ll definitely be participating!
- On Wednesday I posted a review of The City Of Palaces by Michael Nava, linking it up to Naz’s Read Diverse Books blog for Latinx Heritage Month. I really loved the novel – it was beautifully written and touched on so many different significant themes like the importance of democracy and the scourge of racial discrimination.
- I’ll be posting two new book reviews in the coming week, one for Gayle Foreman’s Leave Me on Sunday and one for Dinah Jefferies The Tea Planter’s Wife on Wednesday. I’m halfway through the latter and I’m really loving it.
- The other post I have planned for this coming week (on Tuesday) is something a little different – an Author Spotlight to share my favorite Terry Pratchett books. His novels are a little outside the norm of what I typically read but I’ve grown up reading them and I love the entire Discworld series.
Any articles or blog posts from the book world that you really enjoyed this week? Share them in the comments!
If you’d like to keep up to date with posts on Novels And Nonfiction, make sure to follow me on WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.